Today I’m back with another great classroom theme: Camping!
Because I’ve only been teaching for 5 years and haven’t used an overall decorating theme every year, I’ve run out of pictures to show you of my own classroom…….So, I had to draw upon other resources, some of the best I know: my friends! All of the wonderful pictures you’ll see today are from my good friend Brenna. She decorated her room in a Camping theme a few years back, and I couldn’t resist showing you some of her ideas!
Here is the entrance to her room: Very inviting for kids! I can imagine they were pumped to go to class every day! I really like the props she placed outside the door to make it more “real-life.”
Here are some bulletin boards and displays in the room: motivational reading display, chart for “tracking” student behavior, star student or “camper” of the week, and a camping themed display for vocabulary words from read alouds.
Here is my favorite (and I’m sure the kids’ favorite) part of the whole room: the classroom library! Brenna set up this special area of her classroom to feel just like you are outside enjoying a book among nature! She included a fuzzy green rug, a grassy background on the wall, (just like mine!) a homemade (classroom-safe) campfire, a kid-sized tent and little camping chairs! Those touches really make it special for a kid to enjoy a few good books!
Here are a few more campy ideas for you to enjoy:
- Busy Beavers at Work! (bulletin board for student work)
- Look Whooooo’s……. (in our room; behaving; here today!) (with owls of course!)
- We’re Happy Campers in Mrs. ______’s room!
- We’re nuts about ______!
- Are you “stumped?” (Anchor charts posted in a binder or on wall.)
- Fired up for ________!
- Hike into _______.
- Spotlight on Great Work! ( display including flashlights!)
- include a couple small Christmas trees in corners of the room
- light up the artificial campfire from below with a strand of Christmas lights
- use strands of outdoor lights/lanterns to decorate the room/bulletin boards
Thanks for stopping by today! Click here to visit Brenna’s blog for more great teaching ideas! You won’t regret it! This girl is awesome!
Also, don’t forget to come back to us next Thursday, our last Thriller Thursday with my sister’s current room theme! AND, if you want to share one of your own classroom themes, link up with us next week so we can all take a peek at your wonderful creations!
Enjoy your oh-so-precious summer days!