Raise your hand if you or someone you know has felt like this lately??? (Raising my hand high & waving it in the air!! I’m the picture in the middle!) If you teach kids or have your own, you are probably all too familiar with the anxiety that comes with the dreaded week of……
STANDARDIZED TESTING! Ahhhhhhh!
Two weeks ago my second graders took the ITBS and, man, am I glad it’s over! Each day my kids were drained, I was drained, and we all needed a little something to re-energize us and get us going again. Not to mention, kids perform better when they are working toward a reward!
So, back before all this “testing torture” began, I started gathering ideas for candy and gifts, and I decided to treat my class this year to something I’ve never done. I put together little edible treats for each day of testing (and the days surrounding the test, since our grade only tests for 3 days.) Here are the treats that my kiddos received each day and the materials you need to recreate them:
You’re an “EGG”cellent student! (2 days before Easter!)
Bag of Reese’s chocolate eggs, small zip-lock bags, cardstock and paper cutouts, Easter basket cutouts (Cricut cartridge: Doodlecharms, accent: eastrb)
- send in a lunchbox or backpack
- put in the seat of the car
- on the nightstand
- in the cereal bowl or box
- on the fridge
- as a surprise on desks
- in school boxes
- in mystery paper sacks to open daily
- Principal can deliver to the room as a surprise
- Make a word puzzle for kids to “crack the code” to receive prizes
- deliver to students while they are eating lunch
A Few More Corny Sayings:
- Teddy Grahams or gummy bears: You’ll do “BEAR-Y” well today!
- Air Heads: Don’t be an “Air Head!” You know the answers!
- Bite sized Milky Ways: You’re “Out of this world!”
What are your suggestions for teachers or moms who want to give their kids some sweet treats or encouraging notes? What are some that you’ve used? I hope you aren’t too stressed out over testing! Take a sweet-tooth break like I did and enjoy some yummy goodies! Happy Testing to all! Summer is right around the corner!